- 2. Chicken Guard Automatic Chicken Coop Door
- 3. Brinsea Automatic Chicken Coop Door Opener
- 4. JVR Automatic Chicken Door Coop Opener Kit
- 5. Automatic Chicken Coop Door Opener with Timer
- 6. Coop Control Automatic Coop Door Opener
- 7. Titan Incubators Automatic Chicken Door
- How To Choose Best Automatic Chicken Coop Door
- Final Thoughts
Why Choose Best Automatic Chicken Coop Door
Whether you are a small scale or large scale poultry farmer, the security of your chicken is a top priority. I bet you loathe those sleepless nights when intruders have invaded your coop. All your hard work can go to waste if these predators can access your chicken. Squirrels can be an eyesore if spotted around your coop. Children can also let the chicken run loose as a fun activity. These and more headaches have led to innovations of automatic chicken door guards. Let us look at the options in the markets.
1.Add Motor Automatic Chicken Coop Accessory
If you are looking for an inexpensive way of guarding your coop, this automatic motor is the way to go.
It comes as an addition to the door motor, which has an automatic reel that allows you to change the height of your door. Just turn the knob to your desired height.
This door reeler works best on metal, wood, and plastic doors.
It can powerfully hold doors over eight pounds with over 20 inches openings.
The package includes an AC power adapter, motor, universal door connector, a guide, mounting screws, and wire.
- It is inexpensive.
- The guard gives you options on how high or low you want your door.
- An easy to install as it comes with a guide.
- The guard has no weight limit and is used on any door.
- The guard does not have an LCD screen.
- It does not have an alarm alert.
2. Chicken Guard Automatic Chicken Coop Door
Keep those intruders away using Chicken Guard Automatic Chicken Coop Door and rest assured of their safety.
This guard is easy to install and use. If you have an existing chicken coop, just fix the guard slightly above your latch.
The guard has a hanging cord that is fixed on your latch such that if anyone opens the door without your knowledge, sets the alarm off. The cord is unbreakable.
The package comes with a timer and a light sensor. Double protection for your coop.
It also comes with an easy to use LCD interface with a pushbutton for opening the door.
The package includes a pack of AA batteries as it runs on four of them.
The guard specifications do not include a minimum or maximum height, but the allowed weight is up to 2lb.
- The package includes AA batteries.
- The guard is automatic with an LCD interface.
- It comes with a highly unbreakable cord of up to 50lb strain.
- Dual light sensor and timer alerts.
- During extreme weather patterns, the light sensor goes off in the case of lightning.
- Thieves can easily unscrew the guard off the door.
3. Brinsea Automatic Chicken Coop Door Opener
A fully automatic coop door guard that has a LED screen. This guard is placed on top of an existing door, but an entrance has to be specifically made to fit with the aluminum runner.
This allinonepackage includes an aluminum door and runner, four AA batteries, and an LCD digital display.
The batteries run for six months without being changed. This guard can run on both battery and electric power using a USB cable.
Security is guaranteed by both a light sensor and an alert timer.
A cord from the guard is attached to the aluminum door, tampering with it will set the alarm off.
- A powerful LED indicator that alerts you when the battery is low as far as 100 yards away.
- In case of a power failure, the guard automatically turns into a manual safe mode.
- The aluminum door can withstand all weather.
- The guard is fully automated with a timer and a light sensor.
- Drilling into the aluminum is required as there are no installation screws.
- The package does not include a USB cable.
4. JVR Automatic Chicken Door Coop Opener Kit
This kit is designed to allow you to use it on large bird coops. With a door size of 11.8 inches by 12.16 that can accommodate even ducks.
You have nothing to lose with JVR Automatic Chicken Door Coop Opener Kit since you are guaranteed for 1 year with a hundred percent moneyback warranty.
The package includes an actuator arm that replaces the door cord giving your birds ultimate protection.
Ultimate automated guard with an LCD screen display and an alert timer.
The control panels are carefully hidden in a waterproof box that has a clear display.
The kit is run by a 12V AC adaptor that can be both solar or electric, especially on timing.
- The package comes with an actuator arm that replaces the cord.
- The manufacturer offers a 1year warranty with a 100% moneyback guarantee. You have nothing to lose.
- An easy to use option.
- This coop opener fits on almost all doors.
- Installing might take longer if your door had different dimensions from the guard’s.
5. Automatic Chicken Coop Door Opener with Timer
Do you want to secure your chicken on a budget? Automatic Chicken Coop Door Opener with Timer is your ultimate choice.
This simple guard is covered with natural wood. The controls are hidden in between the wood panels and the vertical sliding door, thus preventing them from being damaged.
A string cord is used to lift the door as it opens and gravitates it downward to close.
It is easy to use, just drill it on to your coop door, set the timer and plug the AC adaptor onto power.
The runners are wooden and lightweight. This coop door easily blends with your garden.
A perfect option for the new farmer that is starting out in the backyard or on a small scale chicken farm.
- A pocketfriendly automatic door opener.
- The guard is easy to use and install.
- The natural wood used blends in well with the garden surroundings.
- Controls are cleverly tucked away to prevent damage.
- The wood used withers away after heavy continuous rains.
- The chicken entrance was too small.
6. Coop Control Automatic Coop Door Opener
If you are weighing the options of going off-grid, we are pleased to let you know that your chickens will not be left out.The only available fully solarpowered opener, Coop Control Automatic Coop Door Opener will be an added accessory.
The package includes a solar panel, a vertical arm actuator for swinging doors, a photocell sensor that is sun triggered, and required wires and screws. The package, though, does not include a battery.
A manual guide comes in handy for installation.
You will not have to redesign your coop door as this opener is adjustable to most doors.
This suntriggered automatic door opener opens at sunrise and closes at sunset.
Simply mount it over the existing door, set the timer, and allow nature to do its course.
- This door opener is magically activated by the sun. Sunrise, the door opens and closes at sunset.
- The guard is purely run by solar power.
- The package includes an actuator arm suitable for all swinging coop doors.
- This kind is best used in sunny areas.
- During daylight saving time, the photocell sensor takes time to get used to the changes.
- You may have to cash out more money for power outlet as the package does not include a battery
7. Titan Incubators Automatic Chicken Door
This made in the UK automatic door opener has a finishing touch that will absolutely draw you to it.
Enclosed in a protective highquality plastic, the LCD display control ensures your coop is welltimed and will open and closed adequately.
A simple to install gadget by just fixing above your coop door.
A cord is attached to the timer and the aluminum door for easy opening and closing.
Powered by four AA batteries that are included in the package, the guard is bound to serve you six months nonstop.
- The guard is powered by 4 AA batteries that have a sixmonth lifespan.
- The package includes free batteries.
- An easy to operate automated guard with an LCD display screen.
- Register yourself on the manufactures’ website and get a 2year guarantee.
- The rope cord does not last long.
- The timer is permanently set to the UK time, so changing it local time becomes a hustle.
How To Choose Best Automatic Chicken Coop Door
Solar power has proved by far to be the best natural power source. Although the kit might be expensive, it is worth noting you will cut electric or battery replacement expenses by half. Large scale farmers may opt to use electric run door openers for speed and efficiency. To avoid fatalities, whatever power you decide to use, ensure the cables are neatly tucked away.
Wood may not withstand rainy seasons for long as it may expand and stop working. Most manufactures are using durable plastic and aluminum, which is a plus, but having your guard covered may be the longlasting solution. Metals used on runners should be rustproof and chicken friendly. Rough edges can be fatal.
Most coop openers are not pricey, but maintenance costs are an aspect worth reviewing. Go for products that offer warranties and save that dollar.
Used to make the automatic coop door opener will define the durability of your coop opener.
of the accompanying door should meet your demands. Ducks, peacocks, and other large birds will demand a larger door.
Some automatic openers may fail; having safe mode manual options will be a lifesaver.
Batteries may fail in your absence, and lights can go off, go for an option that alerts you in such circumstances. Modern technology has enabled farmers to monitor farms from their smartphones.
Strong winds may blow away openers fastened outside the coop door, ensuring that they are tightly fastened. Heavy motors falling off might hurt your chicken.
Coop openers fastened outside the coop door may be unfastened cleverly by thieves. You might want to invest in tighter outside security details like cameras or dogs that can alert when an intruder is seen.
Visiting an existing farm can be more helpful as you will get informed on the best methods to use from firsthand experience. Other manufactures offer a 100% moneyback guarantee for a specific period; if you don’t like the product, you are assured of replacement or refund.
Most manufacturers have programmed these coop openers in a way that they sense a chicken standing on the entrance to avoid silly accidents.
Go for a coop opener that locks itself any time of the day. If a coop is left open all day, the security of your chicken may still not be a hundred percent as some small predators may go in and hide or better still feast on eggs left behind.
Make the wisest decision while purchasing an automatic coop door as you would not waste your hard work to waste away to predators. Choose a guard that will serve you for many years.