The power outage is among the most dreadful things we experience at home, work, or wherever we are.
So automatically when power runs out, we immediately switch to our backups.
These backups do vary and they must be reliable.
Well judging from this buyer’s guide, emergency lanterns are designed and created to act as a backup source of illumination.
Below is some illumination options hope you find a satisfactory one:
- 1. Rayovac Sportsman LED Lantern Flashlight
- 2. Coleman Quad Pro Lantern Flashlight
- 3. Coleman Micro Packer LED Lantern
- 4. Supernova 500 Ultra Bright LED Lantern
- 5. Blitzu LED Lantern with Magnetic Base
- 6. Touch Light LED Lantern
- 7. UST Portable Lifetime Survival
- 8. Etekcity Portable Camping Lantern Batteries
- How To Choose Best Emergency Lanterns
- Final Thoughts
1. Rayovac Sportsman LED Lantern Flashlight
There is so much in store for the buyer who would go for this particular lantern.
The Rayovac Sportsman LED Lantern Flashlight is a lantern that has a perfect size that is sure to fit your backpack without taking up all the space in it.
It features lumens of high quality and that automatically defines for us that its brightness is undeniable.
Water-resistance? It has an IPX-8 marking that tells us that our lantern can be submerged into water for three feet with no damages encountered.
Sporting LED features, our specially crafted lantern has an indicator that blinks when the lantern is off, so it is not really difficult to find the lantern in the darkness.
- A water-resistant lantern that can be submerged in water for three feet without spoiling.
- The manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty.
- It has an easy to find LED indicator that blinks when it is off.
- A bright red LED light that illuminates 305 lumens.
- It looks small.
- The batteries make it heavy.
2. Coleman Quad Pro Lantern Flashlight
Is it the charging capabilities that you are after? Well good news, Coleman Quad Pro Lantern Flashlight has a USB charging port that is efficient with any cable.
This lantern is one device among all others that are well equipped with extra features and capabilities.
It sports four flashlight panels that can be removed anytime you want to do a cleanup.
It proudly boasts of magnetic panels that can be manipulated to act as stands with ease, no hassle at all.
It is rated by our customers to be the best camping partner, why don’t you check it out.
- It has 4 removable flashlight panels.
- It has a USB charging port.
- The magnetic panels can be manipulated to act as stands.
- A perfect camping partner.
- The three-pound weight is heavy.
3. Coleman Micro Packer LED Lantern
Are you wondering why this particular lantern featured among the tops in our guide? If so then let me enlighten you with what made me fall in love with it.
The Coleman Micro Packer LED Lantern is specially crafted with a two in one snap-in design that automatically converts our modern lantern to a flashlight. What more could you ask for in such a great lantern?
It boasts of the International Protection Marking which makes it at some point water-resistant.
This lantern can also run flexibly on batteries too.
With its ability to also run on batteries, you can have your comfortable twenty-four hours at peace without it going off, so it is a perfect resort for emergency backups.
- A lantern that can be converted into a flashlight.
- A LED lantern that runs on batteries.
- This lantern can serve you 24 hours without going off.
- A water-resistant design that can run in rainy and wet conditions.
- Lanterns are not ultra bright.
4. Supernova 500 Ultra Bright LED Lantern
This amazing lantern has a longer run-time and it services greatly.
With it being an LED, the lantern has an indicator that blinks.
As a token to the customers, the manufacturer set it to have lifetime usage.
It sports a water-resisting capability.
Supernova 500 Ultra Bright LED Lantern has a high-quality lumen.
- Supernova offers a series of four lumens of between 300 and 500.
- It has a slow pulsing LED indicator that blinks when off.
- A water-resistant lantern.
- The manufacturer guarantees over a hundred thousand hours of use.
- The loading of batteries can be hectic.
5. Blitzu LED Lantern with Magnetic Base
Have you always wanted a lantern that does not always worry about you when traveling? A lantern that is safely tucked away in your car trunk and you do not have to keep on asking yourself rhetorically, ‘Will the glass lenses break?’
Well, Blitzu LED Lantern with Magnetic Base comes with a fully loaded plastic structure that needs you not to worry about breakage.
It features a magnetic base and hooks which improves hanging it.
Our superb lantern is both water and shock-resistant.
The manufacturer also gives you a 10-year warranty.
- It sports a lovely magnetic hook and base.
- A product made in the USA with a 10 years warranty tag.
- It is water and shock-resistant.
- A portable lantern that does not have a glass cover.
- Has a shorter run period.
6. Touch Light LED Lantern
Looking for a rechargeable lantern? If so then why don’t you go for Touch Light LED Lantern and enjoy endless service when there is a power outage or when you are out camping?
It features solid construction and perfect metal material that makes it hard for the lantern to break when it has accidentally fallen down, but that does not mean that you can put it to a test since you might hate the results that are self-inflicted consequences.
It is water-resistant and has been approved by the IPM.
It has a USB port where you can charge your phone since you would not fancy camping out in the woods or in the park with a dead phone.
It has lumens of high quality and exhibits high brightness giving you full illumination when reading, during power blackouts, or even when out camping.
- A LED lantern that is rechargeable.
- The manufacturer offers a two-year warranty.
- It is unbreakable and water-resistant.
- A single charge can last 16 nights.
- The package does not include a charging block.
7. UST Portable Lifetime Survival
Our amazing lantern is well equipped with a hook at the base and allows the user to hang it downwards just like a normal bulb.
Oh, not to forget the lantern has an amazing run period. It can run for an average of 22 hours on high amounts of light and also 30 days on low light.
UST Portable Lifetime Survival really says a lot with its simple name. I can vouch for it as a lifetime survival partner and it is a hundred percent efficient.
Without forgetting, the lantern is water-resistant and carries the International Protection Marking.
Portability? That should not worry you at all. Our lantern is super lightweight and portable too. You can now flexibly move around with this lantern that can also act as your flashlight when out camping or at night.
- This super LED lantern can run for 30 days on low light and 22hours on high.
- It has a recessed hook at the base that allows it to be hung downwards.
- It is water-resistant.
- The manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty.
- The batteries accompanying it start leaking acid.
8. Etekcity Portable Camping Lantern Batteries
Technology keeps on advancing every now and then. This particular lantern is not left behind too.
It proudly boasts of a strong base that has a magnetic ability hence making the base conveniently stay in a place that responds to the magnetic power.
Extra features of this lantern come in handy. It has a storage compartment at the top of its lid where you can store your keys, some spare batteries, and other things(not large items of course).
Brightness? It has four levels of brightness which you can adjust according to your liking, you can use it when reading, during camping, during power outage thanks to its dimmer button.
Packing size? It has a lock system that locks the lantern into a small and efficient size. The lantern gladly saves you the space in your backpack or in your car trunk.
- A LED lantern that has four levels of control.
- It has an expandable mechanism that locks it to a small size.
- The magnetic base allows it to be stuck in any convenient place.
- It has a hidden pocket that can store coins or keys.
- It is not durable.
How To Choose Best Emergency Lanterns
Going for the best emergency lantern is not a hard nut to crack, what you need to have with you is a little patience. It is always thrilling to find a lantern that is fitting your budget and also a lantern that possesses the qualities of the best lantern. Here are some ideas on what to look for in a lantern.
When out camping it is strongly recommended that you should use a lantern that is powered by batteries. At least you do not have to worry about starting a fire in your own tent at night. Battery-powered lanterns can be recharged and you can also acquire the non-rechargeable batteries for your lantern. Make sure you check out for alkaline batteries on your lantern, you should steer away from lithium or ion batteries.
Please check if your lantern has the International Protection Marking (IPX0). This is to affirm if the lantern is zero water-resistant or not.
The life of your battery is pretty much important. Some lanterns actually use heavy-duty D size batteries while others use AA batteries. The heavy-duty D size batteries are sure to provide a more powerful beam of light compared to the AA battery-powered lantern.
Do not forget to always have a fresh supply of batteries with you when out camping since you never know when the life of the battery will be shortened.
For an LED lantern, its construction is really important. By this, I really mean its durability. Will it break easily? Will the lantern you have bought require you to buy another one year after year? Will that lantern last you longer?
Ease of use:
Is your lantern able to illuminate light during dark? Does it have features like a switch on and off button? Is the button easy to operate? The last thing you would want is trying to turn on a switch that is hard to operate in the dark. Modern technology has also reduced the load for us and modified our lanterns to better options. Before choosing a lantern, you need to consider all possible options and also test it before buying it(it is wise to do so)
Do you want a lantern that could fit easily into your backpack or do you want a larger lantern? If you are planning to settle for a lantern that can fit perfectly into your backpack without taking up much space, then go for a smaller lantern.
When out shopping for lanterns, it is advisable to compare and contrast the performance of each lantern before purchase.
Are you looking for a lantern with maximum brightness? Then go for lanterns with higher lumens.
Do not also forget the purpose of emergency lanterns as you are out shopping for one.
Why don’t you plan to forfeit the gas-powered lanterns (which I must commend were really reliable but expensive), bulky glass-windowed lanterns for the new and approved LED lighting?
Also, you need to understand the theory behind emergency lanterns. By this, I mean that you should understand the run time of a lantern contrasts with its brightness.
In other words, a brighter light has a shorter run time. So you should really put it into mind on whether you want a lantern that is brighter or a lantern that has a longer run time.
Don’t forget, running periods tend to vary according to the settings of your lantern-of course that is if you have an LED lantern.
Despite all those breathtaking examples, you should and need to take good care of your lantern if you want it to stay for a longer time.
As they say, survival is for the fittest, your lantern should always be clean especially at the base area where dirt tends to accumulate itself more not forgetting the lenses too. You totally would not want a dull lantern.