- Why Choose Best Ice Packs for Coolers
- 1. Dynamic Gear Reusable Ice Pack for Lunch Box
- 2. Fit & Fresh Cool Coolers Freezer Packs
- 3. Kleager Can Beer Ice Pack
- 4. FitFresh Coolers Multi ColoredPenguins
- 5. Arctic Chillin Brew IceCoolers
- 6. Cooler Shock Ice Pack
- 7. YETI ICE Refreezable Reusable Cooler Ice Pack
- 8. RINBOTTLE Ice Packs
- How To Choose Best Ice Packs For Coolers
- Final Thoughts
Why Choose Best Ice Packs for Coolers
Staying out too long in the sun can be dehydrating; one is required to bring a bottle of cold drink to stay hydrated. These drinks cannot stay cold under hot temperatures hence the need for ice packs and coolers.
School going children carry snacks with them to munch on during the day. Having a cooler with ice packs is bound to keep them cold and fresh all day.
Office workers and other professionals can carry a lunch box that stays fresh if cooled by ice packs.
These packs are a musthave for all households; they are also used as a first aid kit. Below are our best picks, have a look.
1. Dynamic Gear Reusable Ice Pack for Lunch Box
This gel is packed in a compact plastic that is durable and can stand the expansion and contraction of freezing without breaking.
Dynamic Gear Reusable Ice Pack is a pack of 6 slim ice packs that are ideal for lunch boxes.
This pack is reusable, lightweight, and made from BPA free plastic.
The interior gel stays cold for longer hours than water ice packs. This ensures that you and your children enjoy fresh food all day.
It is childfriendly and nontoxic. Children can handle them with ease.
- The gel used in the pack stays cold longer than the water ice pack.
- The plastic used is non-toxic, durable, and child-friendly.
- This pack is suitable for school snacks and can be reused.
- Dynamic Gear Reusable Ice Pack you are assured of having fresh food and cold drinks on the go.
- You will have to buy a cooler lunch box separately.
- You might have to freeze the packs earlier because freezing takes longer.
2. Fit & Fresh Cool Coolers Freezer Packs
This four-pack ice pack comes packed with gel in a non-toxic compact plastic.
Fit & Fresh Cool Coolers Freezer Packs are reusable and can only be hand washed.
A perfect choice for lactating working moms who can dispense milk and leave it fresh for babies in a cooler with the ice packs in the cooler.
School lunch boxes can fit your children’s snacks and the ice packs perfectly. The food stays fresh and tasty for hours.
Children can handle Fit & Fresh Cool Coolers Freezer Packs with ease, remove from the cooler, and refreeze.
- This pack can be used safely in a microwave and be cleaned in a dishwasher.
- The four packs fit well in a lunch box.
- It can be used to keep baby food fresh as well as school snacks.
- The plastic used in it is nontoxic and child-friendly.
- This pack is not microwave or dishwasher safe.
- The packs tend to sweat when cooling down, they can wet other items in the cooler.
3. Kleager Can Beer Ice Pack
A perfect innovation to keep your canned juice, soft drink, or beer is here.
Kleager Can Beer Ice Pack is made from polypropylene, a durable and elastic-plastic. Made into a wavy can shape that perfectly fits 3 cans.
This pack comes in the form of a flat bottle that has gel in it. The gel freezes and stays cold for longer hours.
If you are going for walks, hikes, or having friends over for drinks, Kleager Can Beer Ice Pack is a perfect partner.
It is a perfect partner for outdoor activities. You will never be thirsty again.
- It keeps beers and soft drinks cold for longer periods.
- It can fit a standard lunch box well.
- The plastic is durable, non-toxic, and does not wear out.
- While cooling down, Kleager Can Beer Ice Pack does not sweat.
- It is not multipurpose.
- It can only hold 3 cans.
4. FitFresh Coolers Multi ColoredPenguins
There’s no better way to brighten your children’s school day than surprising them with Fit-Fresh Coolers Multi ColoredPenguins.
This multi-colored penguinshaped ice packs come in a pack of four.
They fit perfectly in any standard lunch box cooler. Rest assured that your children will have tasty and fresh food each day at school.
Made from BPA-free plastic that is nontoxic, this pack will serve you for many school years.
These packs are reusable but are not dishwasher safe, it is important to hand washing them.
- A perfect choice for school lunch and snack boxes.
- They are childfriendly and non-toxic.
- They come filled with gel which keeps cold for longer periods.
- FitFresh Coolers Multicolored-Penguins last long and are reusable.
- The packs cannot be put in a dishwashing machine or microwave.
5. Arctic Chillin Brew IceCoolers
This longlasting pack comes in a series of four options to choose from small, medium, large, and extra-large that weighs between 0.75 lb to 5lb.
Arctic Chillin Brew Ice-Coolers are best suited for camping, sports, and other large outdoor activities.
The small size is ideal for lunch box coolers. While the extralarge can be used in wheeled coolers.
This kit freezes in 28 degrees Fahrenheit and does not thaw off easily. It can also be used to cool medical supplies.
Water is used in the plastic made cooler. This cooler contains small parts that may be harmful to children under 3 years.
- The pack comes in a four sized series to choose from.
- All components are made in the USA.
- A perfect choice for sports, camping, barbeque, tailgating among other outdoor activities.
- The plastic used to make Arctic Chillin Brew Ice-Coolers is high quality, nontoxic and reusable.
- It has small parts which are not suitable for children under 3 years.
- The ice pack sweats while cooling off. It may make other items wet.
6. Cooler Shock Ice Pack
If you feel innovative, Cooler Shock Ice Pack is the best DIY cooler to go with.
It allows you to mix the dry ingredient (CS) with water, pack and freeze it. The C.S is a nontoxic, food-safe chemical that accelerates cooling with an 18 degrees Fahrenheit.
All components used to make Cooler Shock Ice Pack are made in the USA.
The package comes in a reseal-able high-quality plastic bag. Once you put the required water in the bag, lock it then using iron, seal the top part permanently with the heat, and it is ready to freeze.
This pack of four replaces about half of the normal cooler contents. It weighs 2lb altogether.
A perfect choice for school lunch boxes, first aid kit amongst other uses.
- It is easy to assemble at home.
- It is refillable and reusable.
- The dry chemical (CS) used is food safe and non-toxic.
- CS accelerates cooling.
- The contents may spill if overfilled.
- These small packs are not suitable for use in big coolers.
7. YETI ICE Refreezable Reusable Cooler Ice Pack
This reusable ice pack comes in various sizes according to your needs. The smallest size can be placed perfectly in a lunch box while other bigger sizes can go into a wheeled cooler.
The gel comes packed in a durable, nontoxic plastic made cool pack. This ensures that you do not buy ice coolers year in-out.
Although it is recommended to be used together with other ice stashed, YETI ICE Refreezable Reusable Cooler Ice Pack can stay frozen up to four hours.
Refreeze your ice packs after every use to use them again. We highly recommend hand washing as the plastic cannot be machine washed.
These packs are great for all outdoor activities.
- It is reusable.
- It comes in multi-size series.
- It is made from durable nontoxic plastic.
- The gel used in it keeps temperatures cold for long periods.
- It is used together with ice stash.
- It thaws on its own after four hours.
8. RINBOTTLE Ice Packs
Are you planning a picnic this summer? Are you worried that your drinks may not stay cold under this hot sun? Worry no more.
RINBOTTLE Ice Packs are a perfect match for picnics and lunch boxes. This four packed kit comes in durable, child-friendly, and nontoxic plastic.
They come in clear, blue, and multi-colored versions. The middle is rounded for easy handling.
These packs can be hand-washed, refreeze, and reused. They are compact and leak proof.
They are also sleekly designed in a slim pattern that fits anywhere.
- These packs are best suitable for school lunch boxes.
- The gel keeps cold temperatures for a longer time thereby keeping your fresh.
- BPA-free plastic is used to make these packs, making them non-toxic.
- RINBOTTLE Ice Packs are break-resistant and are reusable.
- Compactness makes cooling off to take longer.
How To Choose Best Ice Packs For Coolers
This is something you ought to take note of while out shopping for ice pack coolers. Think of the space you have? Will it take up your whole space, how much of that space are you willing to give up? Are those ice packs large enough to cater for your large amount of food or those drinks that accompany you to the beach and you really want them to remain cool, not get heated up while lying under the sun?
How long does your cooler pack take to freeze? How long will it take for the cooler to maintain its state under the hot or warm conditions? Does it melt fast enough, will it take more than a day to melt into a liquid? If it stays longer without the ice melting, then that is the best resort for you! The best ice pack coolers are those that can retain its freezing ability without melting for more than twenty-four hours on a normal sunny day. We would not want you to take or drink warm drinks that are in your cooler on a hot sunny day on the beach!
Features or accessories:
We all know that the ice pack cooler’s main job is to keep your food and drinks cool. Yeah, most of them serve that purpose dutifully. Some of them come with extra features like sweat-proof covers that prevent your stuff from becoming soggy and sweaty. But most ice packs that are made from high-quality plastics materials should not sweat or leak.
BPAFree and food-safe plastic is a way to go. You do not want a product that is releasing toxins into your system. These plastics are durable and should not have small parts that are dangerous to children below three years.
Over the years, water has been used in cooling packs but technology has improved it to gel and CS. This is a cooling accelerating chemical that is nontoxic. Gel coolers tend to keep temperatures colder than water coolers.
You might want a lightweight ice pack that does not add load to your cooler or lunchbox.
You might also want to get an ice pack big enough for your wheeled coolers or small enough for lunch boxes. These coolers are bought separately and size trials are important before making the ultimate purchase. The design should not dominate your choices but having a simple and compact design helps in fast cooling off.
Durable Buy an ice pack that will not keep you in the shops looking for replacements.
When buying your ultimate ice pack cooler, look at weight and durability. You would not want to add more weight to your already heavy lunch box. If you do not mind doing some DIY, go with Cooler Shock Ice Pack. This pack reduces the weight of cooler packs by half.
Most of these ice packs are made from durable and nontoxic plastic that are breakresistant and should serve you a couple of years.
If you are shopping for kids’ ice packs go for Fit-Fresh Coolers Multi ColoredPenguins that are colorful, penguindesigned packs and your children will love them.
Keeping your food and drinks fresh all day ensures that you have a tasty, fresh, and healthy meal at all times. Make the wisest decision according to your needs. Ice packs need not break your bank account, you can use ice stash. Better still you can be innovative and create a pack using CS which is a food-safe, cool accelerating chemical.