There are tons of showerheads out there and if you desire a relaxing shower, then you need to make the right choice.
Older showerheads are quite different from what we have now, these innovative showerheads deliver great water pressure through individual channels feeding the nozzles.
There are different types to choose from such as pulsing jets, steady spray, or even the rain-style shower heads.
We’ve carefully collated the best showerheads in today’s market to help you make the best choice when next you go shopping for one.
- 1. ANA BATH 5 FUNCTION DUAL COMBO SHOWER
- 2. SPEAKMAN S-2252
- 3. DreamSpa AquaFan 12-inch LED Shower Head
- 4. Moen S6320 Velocity Two-Function Rainshower 8-Inch Showerhead
- 5. Delta Faucet 2-Spray H2Okinetic Shower Head
- 6. ShowerMaxx 6-Spray Detachable Handheld Shower Head
- 7. Wassa WS1201
- 8. Hydroluxe 1433 Handheld Showerhead & Rain Shower Combo
- How to select the best shower head
- Useful Tips
1. ANA BATH 5 FUNCTION DUAL COMBO SHOWER
Enjoy a spa-like treatment with this budget-friendly yet luxurious showerhead. This is a must-have and may have you spending hours in the shower.
- Installation is easy
- Brushed nickel design
- You get five different settings on this showerhead including a saturating spray, bubbling spray, and a mix of both.
- Every part of your body is covered as this shower head measures at 5″ wide
- You can either have it fixed or as a handheld bathing tool, this is the ultimate twofer
- Has an anti-clog nozzle spray to maintain an ideal pressure and long-lasting experience
2. SPEAKMAN S-2252
Ever wondered what shower heaven feels like? Well, this is the model to take you there, there are 48 individual sprays on this showerhead.
Though a high-pressure shower, this is one model that delivers an amazing shower experience.
- Installation is easy
- Durable brass build to ensure a long-lasting experience
- Brushed nickel finish that eliminates any form of corrosion
- You may choose to change the water patterns, there is the intense option for that powerful soak, the gentle spray, and the flood spray pattern to drench your whole body.
- No center jet
- Quite expensive
3. DreamSpa AquaFan 12-inch LED Shower Head
This showerhead give users a totally new experience, asides emitting mood lighting, you get to see the water temperature before stepping into the shower stall, cool right?
The light turns blue when the water temperature is below 95 degrees and when it’s below 109 degrees, it emits a green LED light. It also turns red when the water temperature is above 122 degrees which could be harmful to your body.
You get to view the water temperature on a small display screen and this showerhead doesn’t operate on a battery as it runs completely from the water pressure and can deliver around a hundred thousand hours.
- LED light indicators for water temperature level
- This showerhead measures around 12″ wide to deliver an experience like no other
- Quite expensive
- The showerhead tends to emit a whining noise while in use
4. Moen S6320 Velocity Two-Function Rainshower 8-Inch Showerhead
This 8″ shower head is capable of delivering both rain and jet spray styles which is rare among the showerheads currently in the market.
Ideal size with 100 nozzles to deliver a signature effect, there’s also the immersion technology that allows users to enjoy a concentrated jet spray.
Though this shower head is expensive, users enjoy a lifetime warranty which is a great investment.
- Four different finishes
- 100 nozzles for rain-style shower
- The jet-style setting delivers an amazing water pressure level
5. Delta Faucet 2-Spray H2Okinetic Shower Head
At a budget-friendly price, this shower head is sure to deliver a great shower experience. You get water flow of around 1.85 GPM and 2.5 GPM which is ideal for most.
- Easy to install
- Great water flow level
- There are two jet spray settings on this showerhead
- Users get to experience H2Okinetic water droplet technology
- Two water flow settings
- Plastic material which generally does not offer a long-lasting experience
6. ShowerMaxx 6-Spray Detachable Handheld Shower Head
This versatile showerhead can operate as a handheld tool or a fixed shower head and users enjoy up to 6 different spray settings.
There is an additional 4.92-foot stainless steel hose capable of stretching over 6.5ft, this could be useful for pet owners.
The showerhead measures at 4.5″ offering just enough coverage and 2.5 GPM water flow, the water restrictor ring is also detachable for more water flow.
This showerhead has a plastic build which makes the lifespan questionable.
- Great price
- Stretching hose of up to 6.5ft
- Enough water coverage
- Very versatile as it could be fixed or handheld.
- Installation is quite challenging
- Plastic build
7. Wassa WS1201
This showerhead is precise and executes the basics effortlessly, you get no water setting or sprayer on this one, but an amazing overall shower experience.
Users get a small roll of plumber’s tape as well as an extra washer, and this budget-friendly shower head is easy to install, you may only need to get a wrench to fasten the connection.
For anyone interested in a good bath, then this shower head is a wise investment.
- Amazing water pressure
- Adjustable positions
- You might need to get a smaller wrench to install
8. Hydroluxe 1433 Handheld Showerhead & Rain Shower Combo
Not many brands combine a mounted shower head and a flexible handheld model, and this versatility is what you enjoy when you purchase this showerhead.
Users can choose between 24 full and combined water flow setting, you’re in for an amazing shower experience.
There is a little knob that directs water to one or the other head and the two could also be used at the same time.
You get 5 different settings including massage, power rain, water-saving economy rain, stay-warm mist, and a pause feature on this showerhead.
The 4″ size of this showerhead delivers total body coverage and powerful jets of water.
This showerhead is also easy to install and despite the affordable price, Hydroluxe never compromised on the quality of this model.
- Affordable and worth every penny
- Easy to install
- The 2-for-1 design delivers an amazing shower experience
- Plastic build
How to select the best shower head
Showerheads should be able to meet certain criteria and asides performing the basics, we expect some amazing extra features on these products.
Showerheads take different forms, some are curvilinear, others are rectilinear. There are also contemporary, transitional, and traditional forms.
Here are some of the factors to consider before investing in that shower head.
Consider getting a shower head with a water flow of up to 2.5 gallons per minute (GPM) which is the federally mandated rate.
Has a variety of spray patterns:
Ensure to get a showerhead wide enough for full-body coverage.
Easy to install:
You should only need to get an adjustable wrench and some Teflon tape during installation, any shower head that demands more from you may not be the real deal.
Easy to handle:
Settings and spray patterns should be easy to adjust especially while the shower is on, these are qualities of a versatile shower head.
Ensure to get a shower head with great reviews.
Get shower heads with sleek designs that fit in well in any bathroom.
Consider manufacturers, both small and large companies, get to know the warranty on offer, the customer support system put in place as well as replacement services.
Would cleaning be a challenge after purchase? You need to be aware of this before proceeding.
Polymer nozzles or scale-resistant silicone can be cleaned by simply rubbing them clean with your hands.
The three major shower heads are fixed, handheld, and dual which is a combination of both.
The fixed shower heads are those mounted on a wall in bathrooms while the handheld model is connected to a wall using a flexible hose and is great for kids and pets.
All shower heads have their unique spray pattern while on some, you can get an adjustable spray pattern.
The popular ones are rain, jet, and massage patterns. The rain pattern delivers a wide, mild coverage while the jet and massage spray patterns are forceful.
You can either mount a shower head on a wall or ceiling, the common type which is the wall-mounted showerheads.
You may choose to use filters such as chlorine, sulfur, and other chemicals to get contaminants out from the water.
For small shower owners, consider getting a small shower head that sticks out a little when mounted on a wall to avoid a situation where the showerhead takes too much space in the bathroom.
You should check out this list to make the best choice today.