- 1. Emergency Survival Kit 47 in 1 Professional
- 2. KOSIN Survival Gear
- 3. Ready America 70280 Emergency Kit
- 4. Premium Emergency Survival Kit
- 5. Sustain Supply Co. Premium Emergency Kit
- 6. Surviveware Survival FirstAidKit
- 7. DeftGet First Aid Kit
- 8. Lighting X Stocked Survival Kit
- How To Choose Best Survival Kits
- Final Thoughts
Why Choose Best Survival Kits
Natural calamities these days come uninvited, you have heard of earthquakes, volcano eruptions, flash floods and typhoons that strike unexpectedly. Preparedness is vital; it saves on the loss of lives and injuries.
Being prepared does not mean someone is anticipating the calamities to happen, but it sets you on a higher level of being alert.
Manufactures and doctors came up with necessities that can last someone over 72 hours in case of a prolonged disaster and help takes longer to arrive. Below is a list of several emergency kits that ensure your ultimate survival.
1. Emergency Survival Kit 47 in 1 Professional
This survival kit comes with tools that enable someone to get themselves out of danger.
The kit includes a first aid kit for medical emergencies although it does not include food or water.
Emergency Survival Kit 47 in 1 Professional is packaged in a strong, durable, and double strapped bag. The bag comes with a two-way zipper that can be locked.
A flashlight, foldable knife, disposable rain jacket, first aid kit, climbing rope amongst others is brought together by military veteran minds.
You can venture into unknown woods with Emergency Survival Kit 47 in 1 Professional and be sure to find your way out with the compass attached in the kit.
- This kit comes with a big and durable backpack.
- The items in the kit were more than enough-47 in total.
- The kit is lightweight.
- A first aid kit is included in the package.
- Some tools were too small.
- Carabiners were not strong enough for a real-life disaster scenario.
2. KOSIN Survival Gear
If you are an outdoor person who loves fishing then KOSIN Survival Gear might come in handy someday. It comes with a compass that acts as a whistle.
This kit also acts as a fishing tool; it has a fire starter that is commonly used by hikers and campers.
The kit has 18 items packed in a mini-bag that can fit in a backpack. The items include an alcohol pad, bandage, gauze swab in case of medical emergencies, a foldable knife, a flashlight, emergency foil blanket among other survival tools.
This kit is a perfect gift for all handymen.
- A perfect gift for fathers, brothers, or men in general as it contains fishing gear.
- The package contains 18 items.
- KOSIN Survival Gear weighs around 1.5pounds and can easily fit in a backpack or car trunk.
- The metallic items are made from durable steel.
- First aid kit is limited to a single alcohol pad, a band-aid, and a gauze swab.
- Additional freeze-dried food would have been better.
3. Ready America 70280 Emergency Kit
This made in America product comes well packed in a simple backpack that is lightweight.
The kit includes freeze-dried food and water that can sustain two people for three days. The food has a five-year life span.
The package holds 33 pieces of survival items. A 6 hour light stick and two whistles ensure that you can call for help wherever you are.
A small first aid kit is also included in the Ready America 70280 Emergency Kit for medical emergencies.
- This kit includes 2 people freezedried food and water.
- All food items in the kit have a 5-year life span.
- All the items are made in America products and come in a red backpack.
- The kit can serve two people for three days.
- Replacement of expired food items needs to be up to date.
- Bigger families will require several packages of Ready America 70280 Emergency Kit.
4. Premium Emergency Survival Kit
Sustain Company has an essential two people and four survival kits that can last three days.
Premium Emergency Survival Kit is a two people kit that includes water, food, and medical supplies that last 72 hours.
The food and water have a fiveyear shelf life.
This kit includes a full first aid kit, thick bath wipes, a fire starter, a lantern, a flashlight, a knife, and two comfortable emergency blankets. All items are packed in a strong and durable backpack.
This kit is best used inhouse, camping and long car drive as it can fit well in a car trunk.
- Supply that can sustain two people for three days.
- The package includes a cooking pan and stove.
- For fiveyears water and food can stay without going bad.
- All items are in one place, a backpack.
- The backpack is heavy and not recommended for hiking.
- Keen observation of expiry dates is required.
5. Sustain Supply Co. Premium Emergency Kit
This survival kit can last 72 hours and sustain four people.
Sustain Supply Co. Premium Emergency Kit includes food and water whose shelf life is five years.
This premium kit also includes a cooking pot and a stove, a foil blanket, lanterns, and a full first aid kit.
What’s more, these kits go beyond the norm and include a water filter just in case your water runs out and is forced to use nearby water.
A perfect choice for in house emergencies, long-drives, and travels.
- Large supply bag suitable for four people to last three days.
- The kit comes with a full first aid kid.
- A cooking pan and stove are included in the kit.
- The food items included in this kit have a five-year shelf life.
- The bag is too heavy to carry around. Best used as an inhouse emergency.
- Cooking pan and stove are a putoff. More ready to eat food supplies could be added to replace them.
6. Surviveware Survival FirstAidKit
If you love solo adventures like hiking, cycling, or country drives then this Surviveware Survival First-AidKit is your perfect partner.
It comes packaged in a medium Velcro bag. The interior opens like a first aid box. It has several organizing pockets that are clearly labeled for easy use.
The kit only comes as a first aid box and has no edibles or water.
It is best used by single people as the supply is minimal. Keen observation is required to replace depleted medical supplies.
A perfect sport for backyard activities and a car essential.
- This kit has its item put in organizing pockets and are well labeled.
- This survival kit is best for single person use.
- The package comes in a small size Velcro bag that can be put inside a backpack.
- A musthave in-car essential for parents with young vibrant kids.
- The items limit usage by a multitude of people.
- It is more of a first aid kit than a survival kit.
7. DeftGet First Aid Kit
This mini first aid box is suitable for office, solo camping, kitchen, and car use as it is small and compact. It can fit in a lady’s handbag.
All items in DeftGet First Aid Kit are medically approved.
The package comes in a small sturdy and waterproof bag. This bag holds 163 pieces of small-sized medical supply.
DeftGet First Aid Kit products include tweezers, triangular bandage, compressed towel, small blanket, a flashlight, a whistle, and other small medical supplies.
Constant alertness on replacing depleted supplies is required while using DeftGet First Aid Kit.
- This first aid kit has 18 items and 163 medical pieces.
- It comes in a small compact bag that can fit in the car, office drawers, and kitchen.
- A suitable outdoors first aid kit.
- All items are medically approved.
- Constant replacement of items is required.
- Not suitable for a long period of hiking.
8. Lighting X Stocked Survival Kit
If you are a medical practitioner and are looking for a minihospital on the go, then Lighting X Stocked Survival Kit is your best mate.
This kit comes in a durable and strong backpack that has five organizing pockets that you can also put additional items in.
Lighting X Stocked Survival Kit products include Tweezers, CPR Masks, Burn Spray, Oropharyngeal Airway kit, a stethoscope, Foil Blanket among other smaller medical supplies.
This kit is best suitable for EMS/EMT and Trauma responders and ambulances.
You might want to label your backpack to be handled with care since the Airway kit is fragile.
- A perfect kit for medical emergencies.
- All items are packed in a durable strong backpack.
- Suitable for EMT/EMS and Trauma responders.
- The foil blanket can hold an adult.
- Some of the products have a limited warranty.
- Handling the bigger medical items needs extreme caution and professional expertise.
How To Choose Best Survival Kits
What is included in the bag:
For you to buy a nice and promising survival kit, you should consider the items that are in the kit. The contents of the kit can vary with the type you are buying or even with the manufacturer. It is advisable to put all your needs first and also consider what these needs can be in cases of emergencies disasters accidents, with this knowledge you can easily make out which survival kit you will choose based on the contents.
Not so different from our first point but this one focuses on the amount. Make sure you choose the right amount of supplies that are in your kit, we would not want you to experience any shortages in times of need.
What is your survival kit geared towards? Is it geared towards outdoor survival or indoor survival? Most kits go with the aim to solve outdoor situations. Thanks to the advanced technology, we now have kits to also help in earthquakes or other natural disasters that may occur. Since there are many kits to choose from, make sure you put its purpose into consideration before singling one out!
Lightweight, portable, or bulky:
You need to check if your kit is a home survival kit, or is it portable and can always be on the move together with you? It is advantageous to have a bigger survival kit for your home but then it is also good to have a lightweight kit that can always be your righthand man in times or cases of emergencies. Be sure to consider this when buying!
Cost of the kit:
It is always said that your safety is priceless, but you need to confirm with your budget that is presently available before buying a survival kit. Do not rush to get the most expensive kit even though it is the best resort and fits all qualities when your pocket is complaining too. Confirm your budget and then choose the kits that are suitable or matching your budget, this way you will avoid being in a dilemma when choosing a kit and also saves you your budget plus the risk of borrowing a loan. We both agree that debts can be hectic, don’t we?
If your supplies in your kit include foodstuffs, then you should immediately consider the shelf life of these products. Try supplies that last long enough since it is not every day that you will encounter an accident or an earthquake will strike every second! We would not want a scenario where you are in need of the kit two or three years later after purchasing it then you find out that your supplies reached its expiry date a few months after the date of purchase. Won’t that be a major disaster?
If you shop for kits that include water and food be sure to note down a reminder of supply replacements and expiry dates checks.
It may not do you any harm having a large supply kit for home use and a small kit for carrying around in your car.
If you have young vibrant kids are sure to have a first aid kit with you.
Brief everyone in your household of the existing survival kit, its contents, and location in the house.
As a matter of life and death, choose life, stay safe, and well prepare wherever you are. When buying the most effective survival kit, consider how much time can pass without help but you have your supplies within reach. No one anticipates calamities but being prepared sets you apart.