- 1. Travelrest 4-in-1 Travel Blanket
- 2. Cocoon Coolmax Travel Blanket
- 3. Kingole Flannel Microfiber Blanket
- 4. Portable Travel Blanket Airplane Foldable
- 5. Worlds Best Cozy Soft Microfleece Blanket
- 6. Horizon Hound Down Camping Blanket
- 7. Cabeau Fold ‘n Go Travel Blanket
- 8. Kelty Bestie Blanket
- How to Choose Best Travel Blankets
- Final Thoughts
Why Choose Best Travel Blankets
Travelling can be fun as you traverse through states, cities, and even countries. A change from your normal scenery always feels like a holiday. These memorable moments can be ruined by cold if you are not well prepared.
Nighttime oftentimes tends to be chilly and having a warm travel blanket around you can save you bouts of cold. These blankets are not usually restricted to travel but can be used at home while watching your favorite shows or even camping. A multipurpose blanket should be strong, sturdy, and durable.
These travel blankets are mostly made from a fleece fabric which is comfy. Others are built like a poncho which you wear over your normal clothes to keep warm. We have compiled a list of the best travel blankets that you can look at and spruce yourself on your next trip across the country.
1. Travelrest 4-in-1 Travel Blanket
Here is a multi-purpose travel blanket that is designed like a poncho. It comes with a carry case which makes it portable and can fit well in any bag.
While traveling, this Travelrest 4in1 Travel Blanket will act as your pillow or lumbar support.
Say good-riddance to cold bouts while watching your favorite game at the stadium with this easy to wear a poncho.
It is made from a plush coral fleece fabric that is skin-friendly and warm.
It is machine washable and the manufacturer offers a hundred percent money-back policy on all returns.
- This blanket is machine wash safe.
- 4in1 poncho-style blanket with a carry case, stuff sack, and zippered pocket.
- Made from coral comfy fleece fabric.
- The moderate size of 38 inches by 72 inches and lightweight with just 20 ounces.
- It comes in a solid color and pattern.
2. Cocoon Coolmax Travel Blanket
Planning for a trip to some other states and you want a travel blanket that is comfortable? A blanket that is fit to be your sidekick while on the plane?
Well, then you should drop those creases forming on your forehead. No need to keep on searching endlessly, Cocoon Coolmax Travel Blanket has got you covered.
This super blanket is so large that it can perfectly cover any body size, be it small or large.
The versatility of the Cocoon Cool max Travel Blanket is covered. It can now be used during cold days and also on hot days too.
You no longer have to stuff or jam your things in one place. The travel blanket is accessorized to have a carrying case where after use; you pack your folded blanket.
- It is lightweight and small.
- This cozy blanket is large enough to fit any body size.
- Our travel blanket is versatile in a way that can be used in hot areas and also in cold areas.
- The blanket comes with a carrying case which stores the blanket that is rolled up into a perfect size worth storing in a small tuck away case.
- It is too thin such that you can see through.
3. Kingole Flannel Microfiber Blanket
Are you looking for a super-soft travel blanket made from microfiber and fleece fabric?
Kingole Flannel Microfiber Blanket is made from 350gsm of pure microfiber polyester. This fabric makes it soft, warm, and fluffy.
It comes in many vibrant colors to choose from and it is lightweight.
This travel blanket can be used on trains, airplanes, or even at home while you are watching your favorite show. It is big enough to cover an adult from head to toe.
It has a cool lock method that you simply fold into a roll and strap it on.
- A super-soft microfiber blanket.
- It is machine washable with cold water.
- It has a variety of colors to choose from.
- It is long and wide enough.
- A carry bag would have been better.
4. Portable Travel Blanket Airplane Foldable
This cool poncho-designed travel blanket will keep you warm and cozy while traveling. Measuring 40 cm by 60cm, this blanket will cover you from shoulder to toes.
A portable blanket that takes your traveling experience to another level. It has a built-in bag and can be used as a pillow or headrest while packed.
Portable Travel Blanket Airplane Foldable is lightweight, fluffy, and comes with a front pocket where you can stuff your candy, phone, or keys.
It is made from comfortable fleece material that does not itch. Care and washing are as easy as it is machine washable.
This cozy blanket is small when packed and can fit in your handbag or backpack easily.
- It has a zippered pocket.
- It is made from a fleece material that is comfy and soft.
- A poncho-style blanket that is wearable.
- When folded and packed it can act as a pillow.
- The zip snaps off easily.
- Wool sheds off the blanket.
5. Worlds Best Cozy Soft Microfleece Blanket
Are you looking for a mid-range blanket on a budget? Then look no further.
Worlds Best Cozy Soft Microfleece Blanket is soft, comfortable, pocket-friendly, and large enough for an adult (measures 60cm by 50cm) but it is lightweight.
It is made in the USA using fleece material that is machine washable. It does not shrink or frail after washing.
The lightweight makes it easy to fold into a small size that fits perfectly in a normal backpack.
It can be used in camping, as a travel blanket, and at home. You might want to do double hemming because of the single hem that fray with time.
- It is made in the USA.
- The fleece fabric is soft and comfortable.
- Maintenance and care are as easy as it is machine washable.
- It is lightweight and portable. It can be folded into a small size.
- The hems were not well sewn.
- It does not come with a carry bag.
6. Horizon Hound Down Camping Blanket
This polyester made blanket is best used in all outdoors and especially camping.
It comes in a puffy design that has tiles of puffs on it. A solid color fit to be used by all genders.
Horizon Hound down Camping Blanket comes in several solid but vibrant colors that one can choose from. It is also machine washable and dries fast.
The package includes a drawstring carry bag that can fit a normal backpack.
And weighs 1 pound. This makes it easy to carry around but it is not the best choice for train or plane travel.
This poly-nylon travel blanket is water and tear-resistant and it does not shrink although it looks bulky. While camping, you can put it on the floor and roll yourself on it.
- A durable blanket made from water and tear-resistant nylon.
- The package includes a drawstring carry bag.
- A perfect partner for hiking, camping, and other outdoor activities.
- At 5 inches wide and 5 inches long, this blanket is bound to cover an adult head to toe.
- The nylon material is sweaty and not comfy.
- Not recommended for use as a train or plane travel blanket.
7. Cabeau Fold ‘n Go Travel Blanket
This blanket is big and can be used as a couch throw blanket.
It folds into a self-closing bag with a handle on top. This makes it portable and can be used as lumbar support or pillow on the go.
Machine wash does not make Cabeau Fold ‘n Go Travel Blanket shrinks or withers.
The fleece material makes it cozy, soft, and warm. It comes in blue and charcoal colors for you to choose from.
The money back policy guarantees that you have nothing to lose after the purchase.
- It is made from fleece fabric that is warm and comfy.
- It comes in two colors to choose from, charcoal and blue.
- It can be washed in the machine without withering
- The manufacturer offers a hundred percent money back policy if one is not satisfied.
- The handle is not strong.
- The blanket has a lot of lint while new.
8. Kelty Bestie Blanket
If you are looking for a camping or lounging blanket from a household brand, then Kelty Bestie Blanket is your best mate.
It is insulated and made from 75D polyester and 190T poly pongee. The insulation helps wick sweat away while moderating your temperature.
It is best used in outdoor activities but not on public means of transport as it is bulky.
It weighs around 2 pounds and comes in one size but in various colors for you to choose from.
The polyester on top is water-resistant but care is needed when using it near the campfire.
- A machine-washable blanket that is easy to maintain.
- Made from water and resistant polyester fabric.
- It is insulated with a cloud loft.
- The internal fleece lining is warm and cozy.
- The polyester is not comfy; you might want to bring in a cotton sheet.
- It is not suitable for use on a train or plane.
How to Choose Best Travel Blankets
Before making the ultimate purchase, it is important to have characteristics of how you would want your travel blanket to be. Below is a guide that you can go through.
It depends on your needs. Most people go for blankets that can cover head to toe but manufacturers offer a variety of sizes to choose from.
Natural wool and fleece material are skin-friendly. Manufacturers have developed synthetic microfiber and fur that has been accepted for making travel blankets. Fleece and wool are comfy and warm, unlike polyester and microfiber. It is worth noting which fabric is gentle on your skin before buying. Some blankets have down feathers that add coziness. Read the tag carefully and pick one that suits you best.
Borders and hems can determine the longevity of a blanket. Double hems don’t frail while bound borders ensure that the fabric stays in one place.
The weight of these blankets if it exceeds 2pounds can be discouraging and heavy. A 2pound blanket should come with a carry bag otherwise bringing it along without a carry bag may add loads to your suitcase. Most manufacturers include a drawstring carry bag while others customize the blanket into a bag.
The fleece fabric is tender and hand washing may stretch it out, opt for a machine washable travel blanket. These blankets are big and hand washing can be tedious, it is important to get one that can be machine washed.
Style and comfort
A poncho designed blanket look cooler than a throw blanket, but it all depends on an individual’s taste. A 4in1 travel blanket acts as a lifesaver for a frequent traveler. When packed, the blanket can be used as a pillow and lumbar support. The small size also reduces the heavy-load by half. Added accessories like zipper pockets allow you to have your phone within reach.
on all returns would be great if it had a 60day tag on it. Some blankets wither away after a while. An early return would save on the replacement costs.
should not be exorbitant if you are looking for a non-luxury travel blanket. Keep in mind that planes offer free travel blankets in long hauls.
Most of these blankets are fur-like blankets since they are woolen and made from fleece fabric; washing and maintenance need not be hectic. A good machine wash will ensure longevity.
Keep your blankets dry and well aired. When not in use, always take them out to breathe so that you can avoid bad odors.
Washing with hot water, bleaching, and ironing are not recommended on woolen fabric because they can burn, discolor, and shrink.
Owning a travel blanket is important, if you travel a lot and use lodges or hotels, sleep well on your own blanket without worrying about unhygienic spaces.
The next time you plan a trip, don’t forget to bring along your travel blanket. This blanket when folded, you can use it as a pillow or headrest. Make the wisest decision and purchase a chic, warm, and cozy blanket that you can always use at home while watching your favorite show.